Thursday, October 9, 2014

I Saw Him Once, in a Dream

 
I Saw Him Once, in a Dream

I always did sympathize with the bad guys in fairy tales when I was young. The troubles they experienced to destroy the hero, to make their own dreams come true. What I never did understand was why the villains did what they had to do. Did there always have to be an antagonist?

I doubt it. I'm sure the Evil Queen had to give the apple for some other reason than jealously.

My favorite antagonist is the Big Bad Wolf from Little Red Riding Hood. A simple wolf, waiting for prey, hoping to feed his family that was never mentioned in the story. They say that he never did devour the grandma or Little Red Riding Hood. He was simply after her desserts, since his pups wanted cake and cookies.

But they misunderstood his intentions...

I saw him once, in a dream. It was there that I was able to give him sweets of all kinds.

I hope to see him again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be wary of language, since I'm sure other people might read your comments.